Extra-Curricular activities are just as important as academics in the growth and development of children. Hence the school has integrated into the curriculum, different Extra-Curricular Activities ranging from sports, excursions and, various entrepreneurship classes to help in the total development of our children.
Some people might be wondering, “Are extracurricular activities good or even necessary at all in schools?”
Certainly. There are immense benefits of extra-curricular activities.Some importance of socials and clubs in Nigerian schools, especially among primary and secondary school students include:
1. Extracurricular programs help students get actively involved in activities that interest them. These activities enable children develop their innate talents in and this can hardly occur in a strictly academic environment.
2. Extracurricular activities encourage teamwork and helps students develop social skills, leadership skills, people skills and cooperation among both teachers and students.
3. Extracurricular activities improve self-esteem by providing students with training on activities that interest them which they can excel at especially in cases where academic performance is average.
4. Participation in extracurricular activities enhances academic performance and mental alertness. It helps students provide solutions as groups or members of a club, to problems in areas that interest them.
5. Extracurricular activities in secondary schools help adolescents nurture and develop good traits, skills and talents that could provide a platform for participating in competitions and even obtaining college scholarships.
Extracurricular activities for secondary school students like are extremely vital. As such, we encourage all our students to participate unrestricted in extracurricular programs and personally choose the clubs they desire to participate in, with some guidance. The clubs and societies are so organized to help our students identify their innate gifts and talents, and help them hone those talents to perfection.
Seed of Life schools has adequate sporting facilities and equipment for students interested in sports, our sports teams represents the school in various external sports competitions. We encourage our students to pursue their sporting aspirations. The school boasts of a strong soccer team, a very good relay team, and promising sports men and women.
Educational and Fun excursions are organized by the school to broaden and enlighten our children’s minds out of the classrooms. Over the Years the school has visited a lot of tourist attractions, both in and out of the country and have gotten positive feedback from the parents.
Vocational Classes Were introduced to help our children gain vocational skills that will later help them in life to no be overly dependent on finding jobs on the job market but to be entrepreneurs and create their own job opportunities.
At the Coding Club, we think all children should have the opportunity to learn to code, no matter who they are or where they come from.
The projects are easy to follow, step-by-step guides which help young people learn Scratch, HTML & CSS, and Python by making games, animations, and websites. The projects gradually introduce coding concepts to allow young people to build their knowledge incrementally.
We also support active clubs members with a range of extra resources, including certificates and posters, as well as offering competitions and prize draws for them.
This group is intended for students who wants to Learn Lucrative craft skills in Bead making and wire works designs.
Media / Photography
The Media and photography club covers lessons in photography, information gathering, press and information processing. Professional photographers are invited to give lessons on how to become a professional photographer.
The fashioning designing club is for students who have interest in sewing, designing clothes and dresses and the entire aspect of tailoring as a whole, Professional fashion designers come around to teach the students how to design clothes, cut clothes , use the sewing machine, and come up with various fashion designs.
Students learn graphic design tools such as free-form animation and motion in Auto-desk Character Studio, Google Sketch up, Adobe Photoshop CS 6 and After Effects. Like the other clubs, professionals in graphics design take the students on the various aspects of graphics design.
In this club, interested students learn how to create designs and accessories like bags, ties, purses, etc, using Ankara materials.